Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Summertime In Heaven's Greek Glossary!!!

Hey Everyone,

I was thinking about this for a long time...
If you didn't know I have a Greek Background - Yes, I am Greek and I live in Greece.

My fan fic "My Summertime In Heaven" has many Greek words or expressions that I write down in Greeklish(which is greek in latin characters)because If I chose to use the Greek Characters you wouldn't understand anything!!!

So I will make a Greek Glossary For Each Chapter as a companion...

In fanfiction.net three chapters are uploaded so I will explain every greek word or expression for each chapter! You can check the story here

In Chapter 1 : Leaving Forks

You were introduced in the word Yiayia In Greek: Γιαγιά in English: Grandmother

In Chapter 2 : Journey

You were introduced to a full sentence...

Kalws irthate stin Ellada Aggeloi tou Charly or Καλώς ήρθατε στην Ελλάδα, Άγγελοι του Τσάρλυ that stands for Welcome in Greece Charly's Angels!

In Chapter 3 : Going Home

You were introduced to :

Eggones or Εγγόνες(Plural), εγγονή(Singular) that stands for : Granddaughter(s)

Pappou or Παππούς that stands for : grandfather

Kalos Irthes spiti paidi mou or Καλώς Ήρθες σπίτι παιδί μου! Stands for Welcome Home Kiddo or my child.

Kalos Sas Vrika or Καλώς σας βρήκα. Stands for I am happy to be back.

Min Klais Kardoula mou or Μην κλαις Καρδούλα μου stands for Don't cry my heart.


Names :

Maria or Μαρία stands for Maria

Aliki or Αλίκη stands for Alice

Giorgos or Γιώργος stands for George.


I hope that helped you a bit! If you have any questions you can ask me!

Cleopatra

©2009 ArcCleo(aka Cleopatra F.)All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment